Economic Empowerment and Social Reintegration of Youth Ex-Prisoners in Lango and Acholi Sub-Region (SREE)
The Economic Empowerment and Social Reintegration of Youth Ex-Prisoners project is a three year action implemented by Advance Afrika in partnership with Uganda Prisons Service with funding from European Union and Caritas Switzerland. The project focuses on social economic rehabilitation and reintegration of 1,200 youth prisoners in 28 prison units in Acholi and Lango sub-regions in northern Uganda. The project objectives include; the Economic and social reintegration of youth ex-prisoners by:
- Developing their entrepreneurship and life skills
- Establishing learning and mentorship mechanisms to accompany them in the development and implementation of small businesses
- Providing them with start-up kits to launch small businesses
- Improving their reintegration into communities
- Strengthening the capacities of key stakeholders.